I recently was given a book by Priscilla Shirer, The Resolution for Women, that I had not started reading until recently and I want to recommend it to you today. I believe it will impact your life as a woman, not just as a pastor’s wife.
Here is a description:
With everything you have to do, have you taken the time to decide who you want to be? From best-selling author Priscilla Shirer, in partnership with the creators of The Love Dare, comes a resolution that challenges you to realign your daily decisions in a way that glorifies God and fulfills who He created you to be. Layered with biblical truth and seasoned with encouragement, the Resolution for Women will inspire the woman you see in the mirror to trust God’s perfect plan for her life, resolving to become “purposefully feminine, surprisingly satisfied and faithfully His.”
The Resolution for Women: At a Glance
- I DO solemnly resolve before God to embrace my current season of life and live with a spirit of contentment.
- I WILL champion God’s model for womanhood and teach it to my children.
- I WILL celebrate my God-given uniqueness and the distinctions He has placed in others.
- I WILL live as a woman answerable to God and faithfully committed to His Word.
- I WILL seek to devote the best of myself to the primary roles God has entrusted to me.
- I WILL be quick to listen, slow to speak, and esteem others more highly than myself.
- I WILL forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
- I WILL not tolerate evil influences in myself or my home but will embrace a life of purity.
- I WILL pursue justice, love mercy, and extend compassion toward others.
- I WILL be faithful to my husband and honor him in my conduct and in my conversation, and will aspire to be a suitable partner for him to help him reach his God-given potential.
- I WILL teach my children to love God, respect authority, and live responsibly.
- I WILL cultivate a peaceful home where God’s presence is sensed.
- I WILL make today’s decisions with tomorrow’s impact in mind and consider my current choices in light of future generations.
- I WILL courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15 NASB)
I believe we all need encouragement in these areas and this book is a good reminder for us to implement the truths.
We are here to walk this ministry journey with you. Please let us know how we can help you.