Our role as pastors’ wives is such a unique role that many times we can get off track and get caught up in the “doing” of ministry, we allow self-centeredness to creep in and we aren’t staying God-centered.
I have this taped in the back of my Bible and wanted to share it with you today:
- Life focused on self.
- Proud of self and self-accomplishments.
- Depending on self and one’s own abilities.
- Affirming self.
- Seeking to be acceptable to the world and its ways.
- Looking at circumstances from a human perspective.
- Confidence in God.
- Dependence on God and His ability and provision.
- Life focused on God and His activity.
- Humble before God.
- Denying self.
- Seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
- Seeking God’s perspective in every circumstance.
Yes, even Pastors’ wives can fall into the self-centered living. We are human, and at times we fall into this way of living more than we would like to admit. I wanted to hold this in front of you today and pray that if you are out of balance or have gotten caught up in the “doing” of ministry instead of “being” in God’s presence and being God-centered, that you will allow Him to get you back on track.
We are here to walk this ministry journey with you! Please let us know how we can help.